Reading Time: <5 minutes
What’s up Guys! Welcome to automationcalling.com
This time I wanted to write up something about Mobile Automation from scratch, it could be Native, Hybrid or Web. Setting up Appium in Windows or MAC is a big challenge, we have to be very careful in terms of setting up environment. Writing too much information in one page is tedious to read. Hence, I’m going to split up all topics in different blog and combine with Appium automation framework.
- This one is default Pre-requisites for Appium Installation and setup on Windows
- Make sure install JDK 8 and above version and add it in system environment variable and path
- confirm java version by supplying the command
Installing Android Studio on Windows
- Go to the Website https://developer.android.com/studio/ and click on download button
- After download, Right click on exe and run as Administrator
- Click on ‘Next’ button
- Make sure to select ‘Android Studio’ and ‘Android Virtual Device’
- Keep default installation location and click on ‘Next’ button
- Click on ‘Install’ button
- This installation takes a while, Wait sometime until installation is done and click on ‘Finish’ button
Android Studio is successfully installed, now it’s time to install Android-SDK tools and packages.
Installing Android SDK Tools:
- Search-> Android Studio and Click for Launch
- Keep default settings (Don’t import anything)
- Keep default one “Standard”, click ‘Next’ button
- Click on ‘Finish’ button, remember it takes a while to complete all SDK tools and packages.
- After few minutes, Go to Android Studio->Go to Tools->SDK Manager
If you don’t see SDK Manager under Tools, please wait few minutes until Android Studio takes some time to setup. In case SDK Manager still doesn’t show up please take a look at bottom right side where progress is being done indicates still processing. Suppose, the build gets failed, reinstall SDK Manager again which will sort out the problem.
8. Once, SDK Manager does show up, Select the latest Android API and Android OS version
Note: Selecting latest Android OS as well as API is fair enough to work with real devices irrespective of any OS real device you connect part of Appium Automation test. In case of emulator, the actual OS version must be checked when compare with Emulator version.
It will take a while to complete installation. Be patience :-).
Setting up Android SDK in Environment Variable and PATH
- After Installation, by default ANDROID_HOME is set in environment variable
- Make sure the following folders are added in PATH.
- Finally Android Studio installation is completed
To make sure, Android studio installation is success and environment variable is properly set, please supply the following commands.
- sdkmanager –list (This will bring up and display all package installed in the machine)
- uiautomatorviewer (This will bring up UI Automator Viewer window)
Congratulations! Android Studio and Setting up SDK Tools and package installed
Please also take a look on Installing Appium Desktop and Setting up Selenium Grid