Reading Time: <5 minutes
What’s up Guys! Welcome to automationcalling.com
This blog is mostly covered on how to install/configure Appium Desktop, and how to run mobile test in distributed environment using Selenium Grid.
Download and Install Appium Desktop Client
- Go to Appium GitHub page https://github.com/appium/appium-desktop/releases/tag/v1.6.3
- Download “appium-desktop-setup-X.X.X.exe” (X indicates latest version)
- Double click on exe and click on install button
- Finish the installation and launch Appium Desktop
- The default port is 4723 and default host is 127.0.0.1
- Click on Advanced tab to configure more
- Node Config File path: This field you can point json file with detail configuration like below snapshot.
- Remember the Server port and port in json config file must be same.
Setting up Selenium Grid Server
- Download Selenium Standalone Server from https://www.seleniumhq.org/download/
- Navigate to downloaded location and supply the command “java -jar selenium-server-standalone-3.14.0.jar -role hub”
- The selenium server successfully get started
Selenium Hub and Client Configuration Setup
- Go back to Appium Desktop client and Start the Server
- Navigate to “http://localhost:4444/grid/console” and verify the connection gets established as mentioned below
How to identify DOM for Mobile Elements using Appium Desktop
- After started Appium Server in previous step, click on ‘New Session Window’
- Create a Desired Capabilities configuration based on your Mobile
- Add necessary field Name and its value, select appropriate data types like below snapshot
- Click ‘Start Session’
- The App gets Open on your connected devices and sync devices on Appium Desktop Client as below snapshot
- This will help to inspect DOM to identify right element.
Congratulations! Installation and Setting up Appium Desktop Client and Integrating with Selenium Grid is success
Please also Take a look on How to setup Android Studio and SDK Platforms